Skip to main content

Black Holes


I recently watched the "Chrsitopher nolan" movie INTERSTELLAR and there were somethings about black hole that i quiet didn't understood.Then i came to know many other people were having this problem,so this post is to you guys


  • Astronomers have spent much time analysing how stars form and how they develop.One problem was to explain what happened to a massive star at the end of its life.
  • In 1967 the term "black hole" was used to describe one type of object that is left when a massive star dies.
  • Four years later,Cygnus X-1 was found,the first candidate for a black hole

 1.DETECTING A BLACK HOLE 

  • Black holes appear black because nothing,not even light, can escape from their gravity.
  • Astronomers cannot detect them directly, but can "see" them because of the effect their gravity has on everything around them,such as gas from a nearby star.
  • The boundary of the black hole is called event horizon.

2.ENTERING A BLACK HOLE
  1.   At the start of the fall, everything appears normal.
  2. As the astronaut approaches the hole, he starts to be stretched.
  3. Light is also stretched to a longer wavelength so the astronaut appears redder
  4. Gravity stretches the astronaut.Close to the hole, he is torn apart


3.INSIDE A BLACK HOLE


  • Space and time a highly distorted inside a black hole.
  • Anyone unlucky enough to fall into one would be stretched to resemble spaghetti, as gravity pulled more on the feet than the head.
  • An observer watching the person fall would also see time running slower as the person fell towards the event horizon 

Roger Penrose 

  • The English mathematician Roger Penrose (b.1931) theorizes on the nature of space and time
  • He has shown that a massive collapsing star inevitably becomes a black hole, and that all black holes have a singularity point, occupying no virtually no space,that contains the entire mass of the dead star
  • Penrose believes the singularity is always hidden by an event horizon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Years

  I have never celebrated New Year's in my life: 24 years and not even a single year. I don’t remember doing the countdown ever in my life. I never really saw the point. Also, the timing never came right.  Arguably this might have been the most difficult year of my life to get through. It has definitely been the loneliest year. Nothing much really happened. I learned a lot of stuff, career-wise, and life-wise. Human interaction was at its lowest. I made one new friend and lost countless. But I’m sure the one I made is for life, so that’s good. I really had to throw everything in and give my absolute best to get through this year. There were days when I felt like giving everything up and going back home. I still do, some days, most days. I don’t even know what’s keeping me here.  Though sometimes I like the uncertainty I have with my life. I have never been a planner. Nothing in my life has been planned. School, college, career, friends, love, heartbreaks. Everything just happened a

Letters to Rahel - Episodes of grief

Dear Rahel, I feel like we're heading towards the end of this story. No matter how forward I look into the future, I can't see myself at peace. I am convinced that this is how it is going to go down. This feeling, this constant feeling of helplessness and chronic dissatisfaction. It is here to stay. This is how it is going to be forever. I don't feel like a real person anymore. I feel like the memory of a person, and memory's fading. Soon it'll be like I never existed.  I have been having these episodes of grief lately. Why do I call it episodes of grief you may ask. I have been having days where it feels like someone had died. It's somebody's funeral. And I sit through the day trying to figure out who had died. It sure feels like someone I knew very closely had died.  Maybe I'm dying. I feel like I've been forgetting myself lately. Like you know how you used to be friends with someone back in school. You used to tell each other everything. And now y

Mother, please come get me

I keep having this recurring nightmare, cutting myself open, with the sharpest blade. My face and my arms. It is not a pretty sight, but simultaneously so calm and soothing. I keep thinking about it throughout the day, trying to find out the meaning behind it. The visual keeps popping up in my head, how blood, red as wine kept flowing out of the slits smoothly. I tried to taste it in my dream but woke up just before I brought it to my tongue. I feel like buying a typewriter, and typing out hundreds of words, and then burning those papers. I want to write about grief. About loneliness, and the dark dampness of winter. About mothers, and fathers. About crippling anxiety, and the labyrinth of adulthood. About how your world becomes less and less wide as you grow up. About the helplessness of it all. About the hopelessness of it all. About the pointlessness of it all.  I have become emotionally numb like never before. It feels like a dam of tears spurring and stuck inside of me. Unattended