Skip to main content

My mind and other blackholes.





CHARLIE
Sam, you ever think that if people knew
how crazy you really were, no one 
would ever talk to you?
SAM
All the time.


1:35AM

I am awake. Completely awake. I want to be awake. I switch off the fan at regular intervals so I'll sweat and lose any drop of sleep incoming.

I'm not lying on my bed right now.
I've always liked confined spaces.
I'm lying beneath it.
Yes. I'm sweating but that's okay.
My notebook by my side.
A million thoughts rushing through my mind.

It's like you just put your earphones into your pocket and 5 minutes later you take it out and it's all tangled.
And you wonder what the fuck? I was just sitting there.

No. Wrong metaphor.

What I'm trying to say is that all these thoughts are tangled and mixed up.
So I'm unable to just pick out one thought from it and write about it.
It's a total mess.

2 AM

You know how sometimes when we listen to a song after a long time and all these memories come streaming back to your head.
Maybe that person who was on your mind at the time.
The room which you danced inside along to it.
The pillow you stuffed your face into.
And somehow your mind recreates the exact feelings you've had the first time you listened to it.
I think that is beautiful.
Our mind works in the most mysterious ways. Some tiny memories that stay with us. While some, no matter how hard we try we can't seem to get rid of them.


2:30AM

You know that feeling when you meet this new person and you wonder where the hell they'd been this entire time.
Like there's been this small void in your life
And they'd exactly fit into it.
Connections, conversations, and shared interests.
The first day into talking and you're able to finish each other's sentences.
Boy, You'd been waiting for this your entire life.


2:45 AM

I am only good at beginnings.
I get complicated after that.
Like really complicated.
I try really hard to keep the boat steady that I end up flipping it upside down.
I yell your name out.
I can hear you calling me.
Waves come and drive us apart.
And you'd think this was what I wanted all along.
When all I craved for was a little more time and conversation.

Yuck, nothing makes sense tonight.

3 AM

I switched off the fan.
No sounds in the background except the roaring sound from my grand father's oxygen support machine.
Oh my god.
A few years from now I'm gonna be sitting in a cubicle doing god knows what.
Probably there's going to be a kid who's gonna look up to me in almost everything.
What do I tell him?
Never make your life someone else’s idea, maybe?


I wish we had epitaphs here.
I often wonder, what would have been mine?

Ajvad k.v  (Man, I always wished I had a last name)
(1999-20xx)

"Do not think too much"

Not bad. Isn't it?


4 AM

Sometimes I look at all these people mostly old ones and wonder if they really had any choice in the life they're living. They live every day the same. Same routine. Same people. Consecrating their whole lives for the people they love.
I wonder if they ever stopped running and thought about themselves for a moment.
I wonder if I would end up like that.
I don't want to.
But one thing I've learned with my minimal 20 years of life experience is that nothing works out the way you want them to.
Well, maybe a few things.


4:30 AM

Oh, it's raining now.
I like the rain.
I like the smell of it.
I like the feel of it.
Some nights you don't want to end, right?

I miss listening to AKON and playing GTA vice city.
I wish I'd been trapped in those days, like in that film "Groundhog Day", which is a beautiful film BTW.

Stop it.
Now.
Do not give into nostalgia.
Okay.


I'm gonna go lie down now.



Sayonara.









Images: Pinterest




Popular posts from this blog

New Years

  I have never celebrated New Year's in my life: 24 years and not even a single year. I don’t remember doing the countdown ever in my life. I never really saw the point. Also, the timing never came right.  Arguably this might have been the most difficult year of my life to get through. It has definitely been the loneliest year. Nothing much really happened. I learned a lot of stuff, career-wise, and life-wise. Human interaction was at its lowest. I made one new friend and lost countless. But I’m sure the one I made is for life, so that’s good. I really had to throw everything in and give my absolute best to get through this year. There were days when I felt like giving everything up and going back home. I still do, some days, most days. I don’t even know what’s keeping me here.  Though sometimes I like the uncertainty I have with my life. I have never been a planner. Nothing in my life has been planned. School, college, career, friends, love, heartbreaks. Everything just happened a

Letters to Rahel - Episodes of grief

Dear Rahel, I feel like we're heading towards the end of this story. No matter how forward I look into the future, I can't see myself at peace. I am convinced that this is how it is going to go down. This feeling, this constant feeling of helplessness and chronic dissatisfaction. It is here to stay. This is how it is going to be forever. I don't feel like a real person anymore. I feel like the memory of a person, and memory's fading. Soon it'll be like I never existed.  I have been having these episodes of grief lately. Why do I call it episodes of grief you may ask. I have been having days where it feels like someone had died. It's somebody's funeral. And I sit through the day trying to figure out who had died. It sure feels like someone I knew very closely had died.  Maybe I'm dying. I feel like I've been forgetting myself lately. Like you know how you used to be friends with someone back in school. You used to tell each other everything. And now y

Mother, please come get me

I keep having this recurring nightmare, cutting myself open, with the sharpest blade. My face and my arms. It is not a pretty sight, but simultaneously so calm and soothing. I keep thinking about it throughout the day, trying to find out the meaning behind it. The visual keeps popping up in my head, how blood, red as wine kept flowing out of the slits smoothly. I tried to taste it in my dream but woke up just before I brought it to my tongue. I feel like buying a typewriter, and typing out hundreds of words, and then burning those papers. I want to write about grief. About loneliness, and the dark dampness of winter. About mothers, and fathers. About crippling anxiety, and the labyrinth of adulthood. About how your world becomes less and less wide as you grow up. About the helplessness of it all. About the hopelessness of it all. About the pointlessness of it all.  I have become emotionally numb like never before. It feels like a dam of tears spurring and stuck inside of me. Unattended