Skip to main content

Is Manchester United Vs FC Barcelona the most trending thing now?

                              


Mountains are there to be climbed.

After the classic champions league match in Old Trafford, we are all waiting for the second leg. At Trafford, the Valverde side managed to win with a crucial away goal. Almost a week after that both sides meet again at the Camp Nou for the final clash.


 A sneak peek to team news and possible lineups.

The Catalans had to agree with a goalless draw against Huesca. Jean-Clair Todibo, Maussa Wague, Riqui Puig, Jeison Murillo, and Kevin-Prince Boateng got a chance to play in the starting eleven in the league match.

Valverde side gets the chance to rest their players for the next big match.

The Catalans have almost secured their title and they are just 6 games away from it by a margin of 9 points. Barcelona have failed to qualify for the champions league semi-final since 2015. They are currently on an unbeaten streak at Camp Nou since 2013. The Messi side also didn't lose in a single match this champion league.

Lionel Messi is fit to play, having suffered a facial injury from the first leg following a clash with Chris Smalling. The forward was given rest for the league match against Huesca.

Barca are favorites here and should not have much trouble in securing their place in the semi-final against a team that is not very good. But that was exactly the scenario in the last season against Roma and look what happened.

After all, we know ole's boys are known for their comeback wins. The last-minute penalty from golden boy Rashford once again thrashed the dreams of European trophy of Paris. The England champs are very confident about the match at Nou Camp. Barcelona fans are still haunted with what happened at Roma.


Meanwhile, on the United camp, they had a difficult win against West Ham at the Trafford last week. Even though a No. of players will absent in the second leg. Nemanja Matic and Alexis Sanchez (who has not appeared since victory VS Southampton on March 1st) are fit and are ready to go along with Ole's traveling squad. Ashley Young who had a rather lousy game against West Ham will be also available in the clash. The red devils might also miss the midfield engine Ander Herrera due to his thigh injury.

Jesse Lingard and Martial are yet to find the rhythm after their injuries. Meanwhile, Paul Pogba has become the season top scorer for United (16 goals) ahead of Romelu Lukaku.


Solskjaer returns to Barcelona with United for the first time after one of the most dramatic victories in the history of European Cup 20 years ago against Bayern Munich.
Even though they're not having a stable season, Solskjaer is confident that they have the quality to win against the Catalans.

Premier league teams are definitely having a difficult time rotating squads for the Champions league as the fight for the title and the top four is very much crucial for the Premier League this season.

Luke Shaw's own goal helped Barca secure a win at Old Trafford.


Other matches including the English clash spurs on Etihad facing the pep side, Liverpool traveling to Porto with their two goals, old lady facing the fearless youngsters ajax then there is this immense classic champions league match.

Possible team lineups

Barcelona: Ter Stegen, Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Busquets, Roberto, Rakitic, Arthur, Messi, Suarez

Man United: De gea,  Dalot, Smalling, Lindelof, Young, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard

Head to Head





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Years

  I have never celebrated New Year's in my life: 24 years and not even a single year. I don’t remember doing the countdown ever in my life. I never really saw the point. Also, the timing never came right.  Arguably this might have been the most difficult year of my life to get through. It has definitely been the loneliest year. Nothing much really happened. I learned a lot of stuff, career-wise, and life-wise. Human interaction was at its lowest. I made one new friend and lost countless. But I’m sure the one I made is for life, so that’s good. I really had to throw everything in and give my absolute best to get through this year. There were days when I felt like giving everything up and going back home. I still do, some days, most days. I don’t even know what’s keeping me here.  Though sometimes I like the uncertainty I have with my life. I have never been a planner. Nothing in my life has been planned. School, college, career, friends, love, heartbreaks. Everything just happened a

Letters to Rahel - Episodes of grief

Dear Rahel, I feel like we're heading towards the end of this story. No matter how forward I look into the future, I can't see myself at peace. I am convinced that this is how it is going to go down. This feeling, this constant feeling of helplessness and chronic dissatisfaction. It is here to stay. This is how it is going to be forever. I don't feel like a real person anymore. I feel like the memory of a person, and memory's fading. Soon it'll be like I never existed.  I have been having these episodes of grief lately. Why do I call it episodes of grief you may ask. I have been having days where it feels like someone had died. It's somebody's funeral. And I sit through the day trying to figure out who had died. It sure feels like someone I knew very closely had died.  Maybe I'm dying. I feel like I've been forgetting myself lately. Like you know how you used to be friends with someone back in school. You used to tell each other everything. And now y

Mother, please come get me

I keep having this recurring nightmare, cutting myself open, with the sharpest blade. My face and my arms. It is not a pretty sight, but simultaneously so calm and soothing. I keep thinking about it throughout the day, trying to find out the meaning behind it. The visual keeps popping up in my head, how blood, red as wine kept flowing out of the slits smoothly. I tried to taste it in my dream but woke up just before I brought it to my tongue. I feel like buying a typewriter, and typing out hundreds of words, and then burning those papers. I want to write about grief. About loneliness, and the dark dampness of winter. About mothers, and fathers. About crippling anxiety, and the labyrinth of adulthood. About how your world becomes less and less wide as you grow up. About the helplessness of it all. About the hopelessness of it all. About the pointlessness of it all.  I have become emotionally numb like never before. It feels like a dam of tears spurring and stuck inside of me. Unattended